Founded in 1976, The Cree Construction and Development Company is the first Canadian company owned by First Nations to obtain and maintain ISO 9001: 2015 certification from the International Standards Organization. As a Creeco subsidiary, with more than 46 years of experience and expertise, CCDC is the largest 100% Cree company in Canada, operating primarily in northern Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba.
Under the authority of the General Director, the General Buyer is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for CCDC, its subsidiaries and joint ventures in the following domains: residential construction, commercial and institutional construction / Civil Engineering/ Environment / Administration, etc.
- Manages and distributes the requisitions in the related domains on a day to day basis;
- Selects the products and suppliers, negotiate, fill out and forward the orders to the suppliers;
- Identifies, meets with and negotiates the agreements with the potential suppliers;
- Prepares the documents in relation to bid proposals and carries out the analysis of tenders and/or requests received;
- Ensures the updates of files related to the various products and the verification of budgets for contracts is being executed;
- Proposes and maintains the recommendations in relation to improving the work load;
- Provides all of the necessary efforts required to respect the schedules related to requirements, budgets, and priorities as established by the Company;
- Carries out administrative tasks as requested or required by the supervisor.
- Receives merchandise, check and signs delivery slips.
- Deliver and pick up mail/orders at airport.
- Collaborates with the project managers and other colleagues.
- May be asked to perform certain physical tasks.
- All other tasks related to the job.
- A college diploma in business administration or related field;
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in a similar position or in Inventory Management is required;
- Excellent knowledge associated to the market of construction in general (Asset);
- Must be capable to negotiate effectively with the suppliers;
- An excellent knowledge of the French and English languages, in the spoken, written and reading forms is required
- Possessing the appropriate computer knowledge (Maestro, Excel) is required;
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an important asset.
- Must possess or be available to follow or offer the necessary training.
- Valid driver’s licence-Class 5 (asset).
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Dental Insurance- paid by employer
- Complementary Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vacation and Compensatory Leave
Competitive salary depending on experience
- Monday to Friday from 8a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can send your resume to:
3 Aahppisaach Road, PO Box 860